Monday, June 10, 2013

Baby Dress


I crocheted this baby dress this weekend, just because. I wanted to crochet something, but I didn't want to start a big project.

This actually started because I fell in love with the yarn - I saw it over at Trish' blog here.  I asked her about the yarn and she said she didn't know the brand, she had picked it up at Wal-mart in the baby yarn section. I happened to find it at my local Wal-mart, it is Bernat Softee Baby and the color is called Pyjama Party.

I used a pattern I had used before, only a different variation on it. It is the Angel Wings Pinafore pattern by Maxine Gonser, but Suzetta at Susie's Stuff re-worked the pattern so that it is worked in the round. I really loved it, will definitely use it again. The pattern can be found here.


13 comments:

  1. What an adorable little dress. I'd love to have an adult version to wear as a top (over a tank top, of course). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be awesome Debi! Wish I was one of those who could re-do patterns, because I would love one too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww that's adorable! :)

    Blessings always

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw that yarn at Michael's - such a cheerful colourway. Adorable dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mrs. M. It was a great yarn to work with too.

      Delete
  5. It's so pretty! I have this little pattern on my to do list, I will get to it one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, you will love it. It does not take long to make either, once you get started you will breeze right through it!

      Delete
  6. Oh Sandy, this is soooo pretty! Thanks for the link. DIL's sister may be having a girl, just in time with this!! Have a great day. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glor, I think you will love this pattern. It looks good with solid yarn or variegated and works up so quickly. Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment; I love to hear from you. I will reply directly to your comment right here on my blog.