Friday, December 2, 2011

Just Checking In

Hey everyone.  Yes, I am still around, just busier than a one-legged man in a butt kickin' contest!

As usual, I have way too many things on my plate... darn that Pinterest for giving me so many ideas :)  I guess I need to stop reading blogs and Pinterest so I don't come up with even MORE crafts I want to do for Christmas.

This weekend I will be putting up my Christmas tree and decorations, and hopefully Mr. S. will get some outside lights put up. The forecast is calling for snow, so not sure if that will happen or not.

Thanks for your suggestions for my crocheted poinsettia. I looked around Ravelry for ideas and came up with this:


I like it, but I don't think it would make for a good afghan.  So I don't know what this will end up as... any suggestions??

Lots to do today - pay bills, and do some Christmas crafting. It is cold and windy outside, the perfect kind of day to stay indoors and craft away!

Have a good weekend all.

4 comments:

  1. It's pretty. Maybe you could sew it on fabric and make a pillow out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pillow was my first thought too. You could also use it as a jar/candle/potpourri topper (square ones) and either stiffen it for a perfect fit or weave a ribbon through it and tie it in place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's pretty. You can stiffen it a bit and then hang it in the window. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Sandy. I would make several and sew them to a fleece type blanket. How pretty would that be. And in its original state its a most pretty doily. Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment; I love to hear from you. I will reply directly to your comment right here on my blog.