Thursday, June 21, 2012

So Adorable!

I came across this picture the other day and just had to check it out:


Aren't these the most adorable little baby sandals ever??? I just love them!

Naomi over at Lovely Little Life kindly allowed me to share her picture. She has the free pattern posted for these on her website. It can be found here.

Naomi is in the UK, so she used an aran weight cotton yarn. I have no idea if that is similar to the cotton yarn we get here in the States or not. Does anybody out there know what that is, or what a similar equivalent yarn would be?

Thank you Naomi for letting me share your picture (and pattern)!  I can't wait to make these :)

8 comments:

  1. They are really cute. Thanks for posting about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandy, Thanks for linking back :) I believe aran weight is called worsted in the USA, it's a 10ply if that helps any? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah ha!! this explains why mine came out so tiny!!
    if younwork the pattern with peaches and cream 100% cotten (fingering/sport) it has a firm sole and texture for a shoe AND instead of converting the UK stitches to US? Read it as is and stitch as our U.S mind does for stitches. It comes out the right size with a smaller weight yarn :)
    (Found by accident when forgot to covert to US stitchs)

    ReplyDelete
  4. they are wonderful...and I knew there was a difference in hook/needle sizes, and stitch definitions..but not about yarn weights...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Mieyonna, The peaches & Cream did work for you? Mine coming out alittle big.. Please reply to me.. Thanks,Chelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Mieyonna, The peaches & Cream did work for you? Mine coming out alittle big.. Please reply to me.. Thanks,Chelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my was so big fit to my grand's 2 years old haha some one has smaller

      Delete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment; I love to hear from you. I will reply directly to your comment right here on my blog.