Monday, November 29, 2010

Turkey Leftovers?? You Need to Try this Recipe

This recipe is called Turkey Crescents and it is something we have made in our family for many years. My Mom got the recipe years and years ago - I think it was one of those Pillsbury cook-off winning recipes. It is also great with chicken too. Serve it with a tossed salad for dinner and you're done.  Everyone who tries this absolutely loves it, so be warned ... you may need to double the recipe!

Turkey Crescents

Ingredients:

  • 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 3 tbsp. melted butter
  • 1/8 tsp. black pepper
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 8 oz. crescent rolls
  • 2 cups cubed turkey (or chicken)
  • 2 tbsp. milk
  • 3/4 cup crushed croutons or bread crumbs
1. Mix the cream cheese and 2 tbsp. of the melted butter and add seasonings, turkey and milk.
2.  Use two crescent roll triangles and combine, making a small square. You should get four of these out of one crescent roll package. Put them on a baking sheet.
3. Spoon 1/2 cup of the turkey mixture in the center of each square. Bring the edges of the dough up in a twist.
4.  Brush with remaining melted butter and then sprinkle with crushed croutons.
5.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.


Hints:

- I ALWAYS use the good brand of crescent rolls (Pillsbury). They just always work out better for me.

 - Don't use lite/low fat/no fat cream cheese; it just doesn't taste as good!

-  Keep the crescent rolls nice and cold until you are ready to unroll the package and press out your squares. The warmer the dough gets, the harder it is to work with (it will stick to your kitchen counter).

-  Make sure you don't have any holes in your square after you've filled it or the filling will ooze out when it is baking.

I guarantee you that these will be a hit with your family. Mr. S.'s 16-year old nephew asks me every time I see him when I will be making them for him!! Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Yum, yum.I'll mark this one down for certain! Thank you so much. I love getting tried and true home recipes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment; I love to hear from you. I will reply directly to your comment right here on my blog.