Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thursday Already - and New Crochet

Wow, where has the week gone? I meant to post a couple days ago, but got busy!

Had a great weekend visiting family in NM.  I did not get to see my nephew's girlfriend that I made all the baby stuff for, as she is in the hospital in another town until the baby arrives due to some complications. So far everything is okay, they just want to keep her in the hospital so she doesn't go into premature labor.

I did get to see my two darling great-nephews and we went to the NMSU-Idaho football game to see my other nephew, who is in the drum line for the NMSU Marching Band.  I wished they all lived closer to me so I could see them more often.


On the crochet front, I have started learning a new technique (well, new to me!) It is called Tunisian Crochet, and Mary over at Crocheting the Day Away posted a great tutorial about it here.

While I was in NM I got to go to Hobby Lobby (so love that store!), and I picked up an Afghan hook while I was there. It is pretty easy to do, I am just having problems crocheting it a bit too tight, as my work is curling up on me. I will continue to work on it and see how it goes. I really love how it looks. Take a look at this picture from Mary's blog:



Isn't it neat? I love how it looks.

Even if you don't want to learn a new stitch, you should check out Mary's blog. She does absolutely beautiful crochet work, and is such a sweetheart too!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

4 comments:

  1. You will love Tunisian. I'm so glad you're learning it. It will curl a bit anyway but there are a few methods to help with that and you can find videos on YouTube that address it. I'm a big advocate of Tunisian and if you have any questions and think I can help, just send me a line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending best wishes to your nephew's girlfriend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to try this technique someday!!My dream is to make a table runner with this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like Tuisian and it is so pretty when done. Yours looks great. Good luck learning and making more projects...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment; I love to hear from you. I will reply directly to your comment right here on my blog.