Monday, May 21, 2012

Monday Happenings

Hello everyone. Hope you are having a great start to your week. We had a busy weekend; Saturday we went to visit my parents for an early birthday celebration for me (the actual day is this Wed. the 23rd), then yesterday we did some much needed yard work and planting of new trees and flowers on the property. I must say that it looks sooooo much better with some color around the front of our house. I will post some pics for you once everything starts looking good!

I took some pictures around the neighborhood where my parents live, as many of the cactus were in bloom. Yes, believe it or not, some cacti actually produce flowers. Here are a few pictures:



Aren't they gorgeous?  Just goes to show you that beauty can be found anywhere, even on a prickly cactus!

I have not had much time to crochet or sew, but hope to this week, as I have more baby things to make. It seems I am constantly making baby things, but I really don't mind; they are one of my favorite things to do. Eventually I want to work on something for myself, like the blanket Pammy Sue is making right now. I just love it, the flowers are so pretty and her joining method is really unique. If you haven't seen it, go check it out here.



Thank you for all your supportive comments on my last post about Hobby Lobby. Some of you who live or have lived in BFE like we do now totally understood where I was coming from!!  It is the little things in life I tell ya!


I realized today that I am now up to 99 followers.... woo hoo! I have decided that when I hit 100 followers I will do a giveaway, as I haven't done one in ages. Not sure yet what it will be, but you know I always give away good stuff!  Stay tuned :)


I have bills to pay, laundry to wash and errands to run, so I best go for now. Have a lovely day everyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment; I love to hear from you. I will reply directly to your comment right here on my blog.