Friday, August 24, 2012

Delicious Chicken Recipe

We eat lots of chicken at our house, and I am always trying to find new recipes to try. When I saw this one I had a feeling it would be good, but I did not know how good... it is one of the most delicious recipes I have tried in awhile.

It's called Parmesan Chicken Bake:

Parmesan Chicken Bake(adapted from Food.com)
6 chicken breasts
1/2 cup mayo (lite or regular)

1 small container plain Greek yogurt
1/2 c fresh parmesan cheese, plus more for the top
1 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic powder

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray the inside of a 9x13 glass pan. Lay the chicken inside the pan.
2. Mix together the remaining ingredients and spread evenly over each piece of chicken, being sure to cover all the exposed raw meat (so it doesn't dry out.) Sprinkle on a bit more fresh parmesan over all the chicken.
3. Bake for 45 minutes. This dish is even better the next day, so just reheat in the microwave!



Now I must warn you that this dish, as written, is pretty salty. We happen to like that, but if you don't, I would definitely cut back on the amount of seasoning salt you add.  Serve this with a salad and a vegetable and you have a fantastic dinner.


 
Just wanted to thank those of you who left such nice comments on my last post. Things are going much better. My nephew is feeling good and has pretty much healed, although he will have permanent nerve damage above his right eye. 
 
 
Have a great weekend all.

3 comments:

  1. Ooo...this really looks good. I'll have to put some of those things on my grocery list and try it. I was just staring into the pantry wondering what I'm going to make for dinner. I still don't know.

    Sandy, I'm sorry I hadn't read your last couple of posts and didn't know any of those things until just now. I hope your nephew is doing better. It is amazing what some human beings will do to others for a few bucks out of their wallet. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

    And sorry about your kitty. I hope he gets better and he has more quality time with you.

    I'm totally with you on life throwing you a curve ball sometimes. I've had a sucky few months too. I'm already looking forward to next year. It's got to be better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandy. Hope you are doing well. The daisy pattern can be found here - http://tillietulip.blogspot.com/2012/06/to-beg-chain-ch-5-and-join-to-form and here for the adding the granny part - http://tillietulip.blogspot.com/2012/06/adding-rounds-to-daisy.html ...
    Stitcy McFloss and I are doing this as a CAL. Its really fun to crochet along with others and we're not putting any deadline on it, no pressure just enjoying crocheting. Why don't you join us. Have a wonderful weekend, blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy, forgot to mention that the pattern calls for 3 trebles for each petal, I and Stitchy are using 4 trebles for the petals. Makes it fuller and nicer I think. Also, using Redheart scrap yarn and a size H hook.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment; I love to hear from you. I will reply directly to your comment right here on my blog.