Tuesday, November 20, 2012

It's Never Easy to Say Goodbye

We had to have our 15-year old Black Persian cat Pepe put to sleep today. He was diagnosed with feline kidney disease a few months ago, and we were hoping we would have more time with him. Unfortunately his kidneys started failing, so there was nothing that could be done for him.

Here he is in healthier times:


He was a Daddy's boy through and through, so needless to say, this has been especially hard on Mr. S.

Pepe was unique from any other cat I have known in that his favorite treat was Cool Whip. Yes, Cool Whip. He did not like cat treats, the only thing he liked was a dollop of Cool Whip. I will never be able to look at Cool Whip without thinking of him.

Rest in peace Pepe - you were very much loved.




4 comments:

  1. Oh Sandy, so sorry. Our pets are just like our babies. Its so hard when one passes. My thoughts and prayers with you and Mr. S!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about the loss of your kitty. I'm sending a comforting hug to you and your hubby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I saw saw this sad, sad post. I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment; I love to hear from you. I will reply directly to your comment right here on my blog.