Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Weekend Visitor

On Sunday morning, our black Persian cat Pepe was doing his usual crying at the back door wanting to go outside. We usually take him out there for a few minutes just so he can wander around and that usually satisfies him. Mr. S. was going to take him out, but first he went outside to fill the bird feeders and hummingbird feeder. He wasn't out there but maybe 10 seconds when he came running back in the back door and that is when I heard the dreaded word..... SNAKE!!  Yep, that's right, snake. He was curled up on our back patio:

That, my friends, is about a 3 foot long Western Diamondback. It is also the third snake we have had since we moved out here! We had two of them after the fire, and now this one.

Living on 4 acres sure has been an adventure so far!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my God - that would scare the crap out of me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YIKES! You do not want to see one of those anywhere! I would be so worried about my dogs. I hope your cat doesn't go out alone. Y'all be careful too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom swears that pigs keep the snakes out. They're not afraid of them and kill them. Snakes can't bite through their tough skin. So, I think the obvious solution is to get a pig!!! ;-)

    My skin is still crawling. Snakes give me the creeps -- and nightmares.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like them in my back yard or the house..:((

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment; I love to hear from you. I will reply directly to your comment right here on my blog.