Tuesday, May 4, 2010

No Title Tuesday

I couldn't come up with a title for this post today, so "No Title Tuesday" it is! Hope everyone is well out in blogland today. I see I did not get any comments to yesterday's post... I must have scared everybody with that long, rambling thing!  What can I say... I'm a Gemini, remember? You never know what you will get from me! In fact, my birthday is coming up on the 23rd of this month... Mr. Sunflowerz has planned a great weekend for my birthday, will tell you about that in another post.

You'll be happy to know I got every single errand done yesterday that I had to do... yep, that's right, every single one!

I made a new recipe for dinner that turned out oh so yummy.  I found a website called Crafty Gemini. I found it as I was searching for sewing tutorials and found her recipes also. If you click on "tutorials" you will get both sewing and cooking videos; I made her sofrito and then tried the Southwestern Chicken Quesadillas. They were delicious; Mr. Sunflowerz rated it a keeper recipe.

I had never heard of sofrito before... it is the base for many Latin American dishes, and is really just a mixture of onions, garlic, peppers, cilantro and spices. I couldn't find some of the peppers she used, so I just made up my own combination using serranos, poblanos and yellow peppers. I did as she suggests and made up a batch, put it in small freezer bags and then popped them in the freezer. It turned out really good and not spicy at all; think next time I will add a little more heat.  I totally forgot to take pictures or I would show you what it looks like. Definitely give this one a try!

I'm able to crochet again (yay!) and got a couple more rounds done on my Dad's afghan last night:
Since I will be seeing my parents this weekend for Mother's Day, I am going to try to get this done by then.

Speaking of crochet, have you all seen this?


I stumbled upon this yarn at Dollar Tree yesterday for the whopping price of.... you guessed it... $1 a skein! I had never seen yarn in a dollar store before, so I got a couple of skeins to try it out. Have never heard of this particular brand of Caron yarn before, but it's pretty soft. Am thinking it would work good for making granny squares or hexagons.

I am off to do... well, I don't know what exactly, but I'm sure I'll find something! Have a most excellent Tuesday.

4 comments:

  1. I did read your post yesterday. I just didn't comment for whatever reason. I'm gonna go check out that recipe. I love getting new recommendations and reviews of recipes.

    I've never heard of that Caron yarn before either, but what a deal at $1.

    Happy B-day to you! What is the actual day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'm glad you're better and able to crochet. What a bargain. I'd buy yarn too for that price and probably stock up on it. It looks like it has a nice sheen to it and looks very soft. I think a poncho or a capelet would be nice made from it. What do you think? I'm not close to any Dollar Trees and have never been in one.
    I love Mexican and Mediterranian cuisine...there used to be a show on GPB/PBS on Saturday afternoons a few years back, when they have their cooking shows. They don't have her anymore, but it was something like "Sabrina cooks" (I can't think of her name, but that gal could cook. I think she may have been Puertorican, but she showed us how to make sofrito and she used it in just about everything. Everything she cooked made me drool. I wish they'd bring her back. I'm absolutely in love with Cilantro from the first moment I tasted it.

    I'm a Gemini too and love to talk. Can you tell?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies, I'm so glad I didn't scare anyone off!! Pammy, actual birthday is May 23. Doris, I LOVE cilantro too... I grew some last year in my back planter and made my own salsa.. it was so yummy! I might have to do that again this year. I love to talk too.. hard to tell I know.. ha ha! A poncho with that yarn is a good idea. I may have to go buy some more of it, wish they had more colors, obviously other poeple spied it before I did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh this blanket is looking lovely and I love this yarn!
    Hugs Suex

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment; I love to hear from you. I will reply directly to your comment right here on my blog.