Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Good and Bad

The good - had a great long weekend... the trip to Hatch, then got to spend some time with my Mom and sister, then Mr. S. and I went to Phoenix for a Diamondbacks baseball game.

The bad - one of our older kitties, Jethro, is not doing very well at all. He has lost a lot of weight and doesn't seem to want to eat or drink anything. We took him to the vet last week and she ran a whole bunch of tests but couldn't really pinpoint what was wrong. He was dehydrated, so they gave him some fluids and he seemed to perk up. He was eating chicken (his favorite) and seemed to be doing better. Now today he is not eating or drinking anything. Mr. S. gave him some baby food (chicken) using a syringe, but he threw it all up. Not sure what to do next.... more tests, X-rays.... just don't know what we're going to do. 

He is 13 years old now.... here's a picture I took of him a few months ago:



Please keep us in your prayers.



6 comments:

  1. Oh poor Jethro. What a sweetie. It's so hard to see them being sick because they can't tell you what's wrong. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww - poor thing - I hope he gets better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh, sweet little Jethro. They're like family, your baby, hoping the he gets better. Sending a prayer your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Jethro - he's a handsome cat, but doesn't look very happy in that photo - you can totally tell when a cat doesn't feel well. It shows in their faces. You're a good mom and will do what's best for him.

    I wanted to tell you, Sandy, that I love your sunflowers collage header, especially the second photo from the top on the very left...looking at the center of that sunflower design almost makes me dizzy - it's beautiful. Are they all from your garden? My mother in Germany LOVES sunflowers. I do too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will most certainly keep Jethro in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment; I love to hear from you. I will reply directly to your comment right here on my blog.