Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A Trip To the Mall


I went to one of our bigger malls today as I was on that side of town getting our car repaired and I had a few hours to kill. I rarely shop at malls, and today I was reminded why.

I've decided that the only people who should shop at a mall are 16 year olds who are a Size 2 or less.... the stores all seem to be geared towards them anyway.  There were more clothing, shoes and jewelry stores for the younger crowd than any other stores... I actually went inside very few stores.

However, I did get lucky at JCPenney and found a really nice bathing suit on the clearance rack for less than $8.00.... that's right, $8.00..... can you believe it?? I checked out this particular swimsuit brand on the web and it usually retails for around $80... so I really scored!

Oh, and since when is it okay for the people at those kiosks in the aisles of the mall to accost you as you innocently walk through the mall??? By the end of my trip there, I was really tired of being asked about my: cell phone service, wrinkles, scaly heels, acne and did I want to do a survey.... answer, NO! I just want to shop in peace, thank you very much.

After a few hours there, I remembered why I don't go there very often ... it's back to Wally World and Target for me!! 

Hope you're having a good week.


4 comments:

  1. Or shop on line :)) what would we do without this pc?? I love looking in shop windows.. and boy we love a bargain... You have a winner there :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been to a mall in a very long time and for all the reason you mention. Our department stores are in stand alone locations which I like much better. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blecch...Shopping malls. Eventhough I do enjoy a good deal. That's a great price for the bathing suit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now you know why I don't go shopping anymore!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment; I love to hear from you. I will reply directly to your comment right here on my blog.