Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Giving Back


I've seen this on several blogs lately ... maybe you have too. At first I didn't bother to check it out, but today I did.

It all started here at Cara's blog. She drove past a shelter with a sign out front saying they desperately needed paper towels. Before she knew it, she was at the grocery store buying all the paper towels she could. She is now encouraging others to donate items to locate shelters or organizations that need everyday supplies; things like paper towels, zip lock bags, shampoo, etc. Things that we take for granted.

We are so very fortunate that my husband has a good job and is able to provide for our family. There are so many others that are less fortunate that I was moved to give back.

My local Ronald McDonald House here in Tucson has a Wish List on their website of items they always need. I printed it out and will keep it on my refrigerator as a reminder to donate some of these items at least once a month from now on.

Every community, big or small, has needs. It wouldn't take much time to find out what yours is and donate a little something. Do you have those travel-size toiletries tucked away in a drawer that you never use? Or are you like me and stockpile things like toilet paper and paper towels? If so, please consider donating some items somewhere in your community. You'll be glad you did.

2 comments:

  1. Somehow I never noticed that you're from Tucson - my hometown. Ronald McDonald House is a good cause there as is Casa De Los Ninos. Love your attitude of giving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just went and printed out the Wish List for Casa de los Ninos too.. thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment; I love to hear from you. I will reply directly to your comment right here on my blog.