After letting it cool for a few minutes, I removed the paper backing and placed the piece of fabric right side up on the cork. I then took it back over to the iron and fused it to the cork. It was kind of a strange feeling ironing something on to cork, but it worked! A few of the edges did not fuse real well, so I just used some of my Tacky Glue on those edges.
A nice, new mouse pad in one of my favorite colors, lime green! I bought a package of cork tiles at Jo-Anns (for around $5), so I can make several more of these. I'm thinking that with the leftover pieces of cork I might make some coasters too.
I did not finish my Dad's lapghan today, but I am working on the border, so it should be finished later tonight. We are taking him out to dinner on Saturday, so it has to be finished by then. I'll keep ya posted.