Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Quick, Delicious Chocolate Recipe

I have quite the sweet tooth, and I especially love chocolate. I found this recipe a couple of years ago and thought I'd share it with you. No baking involved, and it's quick and easy!

Marbled Chocolate Treats

 8 1/2 Honey Maid Honey Grahams, broken in half (about 17 squares)
6 squares Baker's Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (or crunchy if you prefer)
3 squares Baker's Premium White Baking Chocolate (if you can't find this, you can always substitute white chocolate chips)

Line a 13 X 9 inch pan with foil, with the ends of the foil extending over sides of pan. Arrange graham crackers on bottom of pan, cutting as needed to completely cover bottom of pan. Set aside.

Microwave the semi-sweet chocolate and peanut butter in medium microwaveable bowl on High 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until chocolate is completely melted when stirred, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir until well blended, then pour over graham crackers. Spread with spatula to cover completely.

Repeat microwave melting steps with the white chocolate. Drop spoonfuls of the white chocolate over the chocolate-covered graham crackers. Immediately cut through the chocolate mixtures with a knife several times for a tiger-stripe effect.

Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until firm. Use foil handles to remove dessert from pan. Peel off foil. Cut into bars. Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator.

Here is what they look like:





3 comments:

  1. Oh, these are right up my alley. Thanks for sharing this fun recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That definitely looks like a keeper! Something to keep my 10-year-old busy on Saturday! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment; I love to hear from you. I will reply directly to your comment right here on my blog.